Day 1: Baseline Assessment + Jump Rope Challenge #ShutupandTrain
Part 1 | Baseline Assessment Challenge:
Below is the Baseline Assessment Video. The video walks you through the workout, and there are snapshots of each exercise below the video.
Keep track of your numbers and report them after you’ve completed the exercises.
WATCH THE VIDEO…
You have 60 Seconds to Complete as Many Reps as you can (if you get tired, stop but proceed until the minute is up). Make a note of how many reps you do…
1) Run, jog or walk 1 mile as fast as you can.
2) Do as many Crawl Down Push-ups as you can in 60 Seconds.
(do push-ups on your knees if you can’t do the regular exercise)
3) Do Burpees for 60 Seconds.
(modify to Knee/Hand walk ups if needed)
4) Do Single Leg Toe Touches for 60 Seconds.
(do 2 Leg 2 hand toe touches if you can’t do the regular exercise)
5) Do Hands Over Head Body Weight Squat for 60 Seconds.
(sit in a chair, stand up & sit back down if you can’t do the regular exercise)
6) Do 60 Seconds of Dips with your legs straight out on your heels.
(modify to a dip with your knees bent and feet flat if needed)
Good job, you finished Part 1 of today’s workout!
REPORT YOUR RESULTS NOW & THEN GO TO PART 2 OF THE CHALLENGE BELOW ..
Part 2 | Jump Rope Challenge (Intermediate & Advanced Challengers ONLY)
If you don’t have a jump rope, then go to your local gym or your closest department store and pick one up. (Once a Challenger actually used the power cord from her vacuum cleaner), so NO EXCUSES!
WATCH THE VIDEO…
This workout will test your speed and endurance. I want you to challenge yourself to see how fast you can finish, so you’ll need a timer (phone, watch, etc.). Perform the following exercises as fast as you can:
- 500 Reps of Jump Rope
- 100 Push-Ups
- 100 Bicycle Sit-Ups (FYI: going to your left and right = 1 rep)
- 1,000 Reps of Jump Rope
- 200 Push-Ups
- 200 Bicycle Sit-Ups (FYI: going to your left and right = 1 rep)
1) 500 Reps of Jump Rope | 1,000 Reps for Advanced
2) 100 Push-Ups | 200 Reps for Advanced
3) 100 Bicycle Sit-Ups | 200 Reps for Advanced
(FYI: going to your left and right = 1 rep)
Great job, You finished the 1st day of the Challenge!!
Remember to drink plenty of fluids and rehydrate your body…
How was Your 1st day of the Challenge??? Let us know on Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter…
Use the hashtag #30DayCC or #ShutupandTrain